Dator går in sleepmode och vaknar inte, fel på moderkort/ram/processor/grafik/PSU ?

Ämnen som inte passar in i forumen ovan.
allfault

Dator går in sleepmode och vaknar inte, fel på moderkort/ram/processor/grafik/PSU ?

Inlägg av allfault » 2009-sep-07, 19:38

Jag har nyligen köpt beg dator (kanske inte så smart) men hade inte tillräckligt med pengar till en 12k dator så jag köpte en för ~5k. När jag var hos killen som sålde den, testade jag och öppnade burk, kollade spec och allt verkade vara ok. När jag kom hem, installerade andra OS och ett annat windows på den började det...

När man arbetar med datorn med både lätta program och tyngre program och därefter inte rör musen från 1-15min går den i sleep mode och går inte att "väcka". Problemet är att det är beroende på program eller OS då jag testat *BSD, Linux(debian32bit och deb64bit) och Windows (xp32bit och vista64bit). Så problemet är inte mjukvara. När jag ex skriver i word kan den "somna" just under arbete, och ibland kan jag spela spel på den utan att den somnar tills jag kommit tillbaka till windows och inte rört musen under kanske 1-15min och ibland somnar direkt under spel...

Jag själv trodde först att det skulle kunna vara moderkortet, men sen undrade jag om inte det skulle vara processorn. En kompis säger att det skulle kunna vara grafikortet, XFX säger att det kan vara moderkort/ram/processor... Så ni förstår =)

Det lättaste vore att ha alla komponenter för byte så man kunde stoppa in ett annat modertkort/proccessor/grafik/ram osv och testa.

För att slippa skriva ner allt jag testat och snackat om med XFX så klistrar jag in mailkonversationen med moderkortstillverkaren:
[ 7/21/2009 4:28:19 AM] Everything works fine, but when the system goes into "sleep" mode, its not possible to "wake" it up.. I have already disabled all the power-saver modes in windows, tried every key and mouse on the keyboard. Not even the power button will make it "wake up". When this happens about ~5min of idle I have to shut down the computer from the power supply to reboot. I have updated the BIOS with MB_N680_ISH9_P33 and motherboard with latest drivers.

[TONY 7/21/2009 10:09:42 AM] Hi, thanks for your message and sorry to hear you are experiencing these problems, did you make any hardware or software changes, move the PC or notice any unusual messages on start-up when the problems began? Have you noticed any sudden increases in GPU, CPU or mainboard temperatures? Any sudden increase in CPU, memory or disk drive activity? please can you register the product using the correct serial number (e.g. I4H917634). Thanks Tony

[ 7/21/2009 5:37:19 PM] Hi! No actually not, no changes in GPU,CPU or increase/decrease in temperature, since im working with linux I installed that aswelll and it was the same problem there, it went to sleep even when I haven't made any rules for it. I even tried to shutdown acpi in BIOS but it still had the problem.

[ 7/22/2009 3:23:11 PM] Hi James, If you haven`t noticed already: Serial: XXXXXXXX Product Code: MB-N680-XXXX Reg Code: XXXXXXXXX So you don`t know what the problem is? What should I do? Im stuck here with a motherboard which is excellent btw but have this flaw which ruins all my work, so please if there is a patch or a driver that I haven`t already downloaded from your site let me send you the motherboard and you replace me with a working one. Best regards

[PAULV 7/22/2009 4:27:31 PM] Hi, thanks for your message and for letting us know. Being registered you can now access the latest BIOS updates we have available. Please try updating to the latest as this may help. Hope all goes well, however if any queries or problems please keep us posted. Kind regards Paul

[ 7/22/2009 6:57:45 PM] As I wrote in the first letter, please read it because you have not done that apparently.. As I say in the first letter: "I have updated the bios with MB_N680_ISH9_P33 and motherboard with latest drivers." Which means that I have already tried to reset, and reinstall all the new drivers for the motherboard. You know your service isnt going anywhere.. so please reply to my question in the third letter if you can see it, if not I can copy-paste it for you, just let me know.

[JAMES 7/23/2009 11:23:06 AM] Hi, thanks for your message, firstly Alf, as you showed the serial as having a 1 at the front instead of I, i merely pointed this out trying to help to get it registered correctly - which it was`nt at this point. We need this to check for known issues with the board - which can often cut down the amount of question / repsonse exchanges needed. Once we know this then we can try to find out what is causing the problem. Secondly, no - one said `we dont know what the problem is`. How long has this issue been present? Have you tried another PSU to see if this is causing the problem. Does the problem exist if you boot up with minimum hardware? Try booting up with just the system hard drive and video card and let us know if the same problem occurs? kind regards, James.

[ 7/23/2009 4:07:53 PM] Hi! Its the same problem with the minimal hardware configuration, tried with only the video+hd. Unfortunately im not able to bootup with another PSU since I don`t own it. best regards

[JAMES 7/23/2009 5:20:26 PM] Hi, thanks for your message, what video card are you using, and what is the +12V rating on the PSU? You can get this on the back of the PSU on the ratings table. kind regards, james.

[ 7/23/2009 6:48:04 PM] The video card is a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT, and I have the latest drivers. The PSU is a Corsair TX650W 650-Watt, the rating +12V is 52 A. Heres more specifications on the PSU: http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3438607+csid=ITD+body=MAIN Best regards

[ 7/24/2009 12:55:17 PM] Hi! I found out something very interesting.. When booting up the computer and just leaving it, it wont "sleep + get stuck" but when working with it, just browsing the internet or any other lightweight or heavyweight applications, it gets stuck after 5-15min! This applies on both windowsXP and linux-Debian Lenny 5.02. I don`t have any other graphics card nor PSU, otherwise I would try to change those and see if the problem persist. Could it be the memory(2x OCZ DDR2 PC6400 4096MB KIT, Reaper HPC, Heat Pipe, (CL4-4-4-15)). When its stuck in sleepmode I tried to ping the computer from the lan, it responds if the computer is in linux, but not when its booted with windows. Conclusion is that when the computer is in sleepmode its not totally dead, it just dont answer to the keyboard/mouse or any other I/O. When the computer is in sleepmode it answers to ping from local network if the computer is booted with linux. I have no idea what the problem could be, either the mainboard which would be my first guess, otherwise the PSU(?) but in that case why would it answer to ping.. ? Best regards

[JAMES 7/27/2009 11:00:16 AM] Hi, thanks for your message, have you connected the 4 pin molex connector near the IDE connector in the mainboard? if not please do so. If you have connected this already can you try using a different power connector to this socket and see if this helps? kind regards., james.
[ 7/28/2009 1:37:47 AM] Yes the 4pin molex connecteor is connected. Tried a diffrent one but its the same thing.. Best regards

[JAMES 7/28/2009 9:38:40 AM] Hi, thanks for your message, it is possible for you to borrow any other CPU / RAM to test the board with? This is really the only way to rule out components and determine if it is the board causing the problem? If not then please contact your reseller to request as they hold the warranty for the mainboard. kind regards, james.
Spec:
Intel Core2Duo E675 2,66GHz
XFX nForce 680i SLI
Corsair Powersupply 650W
2x OCZ DDR2 PC6400 4096MB KIT, Reaper HPC (CL4-4-4)
XFX Geforce 8800 GT 512MB

allfault

Inlägg av allfault » 2009-sep-07, 20:15

Spänningsvärden från BIOS:

CPU Core: 1.31V
CPU FSB: 1.2V
Memory: 1.850V
nForce SPP 1.25V
nForce MCP 1.5V
HT nForce SPP<->MCP 1.20V

Användarvisningsbild
Fladdan

Inlägg av Fladdan » 2009-sep-08, 16:42

Det kan faktiskt vara ditt grafikkort, jag hade 2 st 8800GT, nu kör jag bara med ett då ett av dom var defekt, då kunde datorn slockna och inte vakna igen, kunde hända när jag bara surfar, eller spelar, efter 5 min eller efter 5 timmar.

Ta hem ett GPU stressprogram
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
FurMark är ett bra för att stressa GPU, pröva det, när jag prövade med mitt defekta kort så dog det direkt

allfault

Inlägg av allfault » 2009-sep-09, 15:09

[quote=""Fladdan""]Det kan faktiskt vara ditt grafikkort, jag hade 2 st 8800GT, nu kör jag bara med ett då ett av dom var defekt, då kunde datorn slockna och inte vakna igen, kunde hända när jag bara surfar, eller spelar, efter 5 min eller efter 5 timmar.

Ta hem ett GPU stressprogram
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
FurMark är ett bra för att stressa GPU, pröva det, när jag prövade med mitt defekta kort så dog det direkt[/quote]

Tjena

Jag gjorde ett benchmark och stabilitets test: http://bayimg.com/kaDabAaCN
men datorn klarade det ganska bra utan att "somna". Tror ni verkligen det är grafik kortet? Jag tror själv att det kan vara det men tror också att det kan vara fel på moderkortet - varför jag misstänker moderkortet vet jag inte..

Tack för alla svar

Användarvisningsbild
Fladdan

Inlägg av Fladdan » 2009-sep-09, 20:47

Om GPUn klarade testet är det inte den som orsakar dina "sleeps"
Varför du mistänker moderkortet är inte ovanligt då det har hand om det mesta, CPU, GPU, RAM, nordbryggan samt sydbryggan, om något är fel mellan dom olika sakerna funkar det inte 100%.

Nästa test är att köra ett CPU test Prime95 http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/385/
Där kan du även testa RAM

Annars finns det MeMtest som endast stressar RAMet, kör båda och kolla om datorn går igenom dom olika testen
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

Hoppas det hjälpte!

//Fladdan

allfault

Inlägg av allfault » 2009-sep-09, 21:57

[quote=""Fladdan""]Om GPUn klarade testet är det inte den som orsakar dina "sleeps"
Varför du mistänker moderkortet är inte ovanligt då det har hand om det mesta, CPU, GPU, RAM, nordbryggan samt sydbryggan, om något är fel mellan dom olika sakerna funkar det inte 100%.

Nästa test är att köra ett CPU test Prime95 http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/385/
Där kan du även testa RAM

Annars finns det MeMtest som endast stressar RAMet, kör båda och kolla om datorn går igenom dom olika testen
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

Hoppas det hjälpte!

//Fladdan[/quote]

Okej, ökning av spänning till 2.1V hjälpte inte, jag har tankat testen och kör igenom dom nu..

Tack!

allfault

Inlägg av allfault » 2009-sep-09, 23:10

Har gjort alla olika tester som finns i ORTHOS och memtest, datorn klarade det galant.

Kan jag utesluta grafik, ram och processor nu? Eller vad tror ni?

Användarvisningsbild
Fladdan

Inlägg av Fladdan » 2009-sep-10, 17:06

Om gpu,ram och cpu klarade testen är dom felfria.
Va har du för hårddiskar, SATA IDE`?

allfault

Inlägg av allfault » 2009-sep-11, 13:12

[quote=""Fladdan""]Om gpu,ram och cpu klarade testen är dom felfria.
Va har du för hårddiskar, SATA IDE`?[/quote]

Nepp, jag har en WD raptor sata.

Användarvisningsbild
Fladdan

Inlägg av Fladdan » 2009-sep-12, 08:05

En av mina kompisar har samma problem, han löste det genom att stänga av sleep mode

allfault

Inlägg av allfault » 2009-sep-12, 20:20

[quote=""Fladdan""]En av mina kompisar har samma problem, han löste det genom att stänga av sleep mode[/quote]

sleep mode såsom ACPI i bios? eller vart menar du?

Användarvisningsbild
Fladdan

Inlägg av Fladdan » 2009-sep-12, 21:13

Han stängde av det inne i OSet, energialternativ tror jag det ska ligga på

// Fladdan

Skriv svar